Monday, December 20, 2010

Producer Spotlight: Paula Wagner

Go Into The Story: Producer Spotlight: Paula Wagner

Myer's Observations:

* Wagner concurs with the conventional wisdom about the market catering to big movies and small movies with mid-range budget films being squeezed out due to economic considerations.

* Myths, legends, history, contemporary culture: Nice confirmation of the focus I put in my teaching on Joseph Campbell and Carl Jung.

* Wagner's definition of great moviemaking: "Their content, their story and their characters – they take you to somewhere you've never been." Print-worthy quote, don't you think? * "Making a film takes two things: money and distribution. Everything else will fall in place if you have those two." Believe me, producers have those two issues front and center every time they read a script. Can I get funding for this project? Can I get it distributed?

Go Into The Story: Producer Spotlight: Paula Wagner


No comments:

Post a Comment