Saturday, March 21, 2009

Videos: Last Pentamester

Last Scene with Actors at CFS

My last film at CFS was made in Dec (In A Minute); now...this is my last (proper) scene with actors, the final 'exercise' we had to do in our Directing Workshop class. My first (proper) exterior / outdoor scene, first 'fight'...overall a good learning exercise, well, yes...provided the lessons are applied in the future!

It's been my (regular) observation that one tends to learn from making a mistake than doing thing right! As typically, if you mess-up, you are pointed out the error, and the point made more often than not stays with you. The key is - whether right or wrong, it should be pointed out and discussed. Else...

It's the scene from Raging Bull (De Niro and Joe Pesci.) Now whatever scenes / films will happen, will happen back home. Till then, this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WltO6Dd1xMU



Final for Lighting Class

I also uploaded the final exercise of our Lighting class; it's quite basic stuff - some folks had done properly-acted scenes, while we (my partner, Laurent and me) just focused on getting the light right, which we struggled with :-)

Hmm...I think we took around 3 hours to do these set-ups; we had more time but as the equipment was to be checked-out late, we made with whatever we had - lots of tungsten and 'ellipsoidal' (which is basically the spotlight used on stage); we were helped by a great 'grip' (who helps in setting up lights and also electric connections, though the term for that tends to be - best boy! in fact, i have noticed that recent Hindi films are going for the same terminology.)

Decent learning, I would say...whatever that is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5dndY4PP7U



No comments:

Post a Comment